Photo Release: Gov. Ricketts, Fellow Governors Unveil Plan to Address President Joe Biden’s Border Crisis
Taylor Gage, 402-471-1970
Justin Pinkerman, 402-471-1967
Gov. Ricketts, Fellow Governors Unveil Plan to Address President Joe Biden’s Border Crisis
Gov. Ricketts speaks at a news event on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Gov. Ricketts surveys the U.S.-Mexico border.
Governors receive a briefing on the border crisis.
U.S.-MEXICO BORDER – Today, Governor Pete Ricketts joined fellow Governors to visit the U.S.-Mexico border to unveil a plan to address President Joe Biden’s border crisis. During the visit, the Governors received a briefing, hosted a media availability, and surveyed the U.S.-Mexico border.
The plan contained in the joint policy framework released by the Governors includes ten points:
- Continue Title 42 public health restrictions
- Fully reinstate the Migrant Protocol Protections
- Finish securing the border
- End catch and release
- Clear the judicial backlog
- Resume the deportation of all criminals
- Dedicate federal resources to eradicate human trafficking and drug trafficking
- Re-enter all agreements with our Northern Triangle partners and Mexico
- Send a clear message to potential migrants
- Deploy more federal law enforcement officers